Vallo Transportation has a long tradition of community involvement and enrichment. Below is a list of some recent partnerships and outreach efforts.
- Belmont Park Runs Smoothly During Historic Race - Triple crown fever was running high during the Belmont Stakes as attendees witnessed thoroughbred horse American Pharoah win this coveted title on June 6, 2015. More >
- Queens Theatre - Vallo Transportation proudly supports Queens Theatre at Flushing Meadow Corona Park. More >
The River Fund New York - The River Fund is a federally recognized public charity located in Queens that provides emergency hunger relief and benefits to families with children and seniors in need. More >
In 2014, Vallo employees donated over 100 toys to The River Fund NY for their annual gift giving program. Toys are distributed during the holiday season to children in need throughout the community.
- Randall's Island Park Alliance - Vallo Transportation sponsored the 2012 Run the River 5K to assist the Randall's Island Park Alliance in their ongoing efforts to maintain and develop programs for the Park. More >
Queens Library at Whitestone - Vallo Transportation celebrates the wonders of reading by sponsoring special summer story and craft programs at the Queens Library in Whitestone. During these events, Vallo's President Linda DeSabato reads popular school-bus themed books to the delight of dozens of local kids who then participate in a special craft project and activity. Vallo's grant to Queens Library Foundation also enables the library to purchase new children's books for this branch. More >
Whitestone Library Summer Story & Craft Program
Sponsored by Vallo Transportation,
August 8, 2016.
Photo credit: Jared Mintz
- Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival - Since 2009, Vallo has been donating bus service to transport hundreds of volunteers and team members who participate in the world-class Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival. More >
Queens Centers For Progress - Linda DeSabato, President of Vallo Transportation, recently accepted the prestigious "Chef of the Year Award" from Queens Centers For Progress during the organization's annual Evening of Fine Food fundraiser. Queens Centers For Progress is a local organization dedicated to the advancement of children and adults with developmental disabilities. By participating in the fundraiser, Linda helped raise money to support the organization's ongoing programs and services. To learn more this group, please visit the organization's website at www.QueensCP.org. Featured in Queens Gazette.
Linda DeSabato, President of Vallo Transportation (second from left) receiving Chef of the Year award from Queens Centers For Progress. Pictured with Linda is co-honoree Hon. Martha Taylor (far left), Michael Macaluso, QCFP Board Member (second from right) and Maryann McAleer, QCFP Director of Development (far right). Photo credit: Dominick Totino
- Queens Botanical Garden - This 39-acre urban oasis brings people, plants and culture together through inspiring gardens, innovative educational programs and demonstrations of environmental stewardship. Vallo Transportation is proud to support the Queens Botanical Garden and help them continue to bring engaging children's programs and public programs for community members of all ages. We encourage you to learn more about this incredible place and plan a visit to this living museum to view its vast collection of exhibits and habitats. Visit their website for full details at www.QueensBotanical.org
- 109 Precinct Community Council - The 109 Precinct Community Council has created programs and outreach events geared toward helping those in need, improving safety and crime prevention, and engaging young kids and teenagers directly with the NYPD and community service. More >
- Whitestone Community Volunteer Ambulance Service - Whitestone Community Volunteer Ambulance Service has been offering local residents quality emergency medical service since 1947. More >
- Flushing Town Hall - Flushing Town Hall operates out of a landmark building built in 1862 and is operated by the Flushing Council on Culture and the Arts (FCCA). More >
- Quality Services for the Autism Community - QSAC is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1978 by a group of parents who believe that every child and adult with autism deserves the highest quality of treatment and care to enable them to live meaningful and fulfilled lives. More >
- VISIONS - Vallo Transportation supports many organizations that are committed to improve the quality of life for many local residents. By supporting VISIONS, Vallo Transportation is helping to assist VISIONS meet their goal of providing children, adults and seniors who are blind or visually impaired with much-needed services, programs and rehabilitation. To learn more about this organization, visit www.visionsvcb.org.
- Queensborough Community College Fund, Inc. - Vallo Transportation supports Partners for Progress, a fundraiser designed to provide scholarships for students to attend Queensborough Community College. More >
- New York Families for Autistic Children - Since its inception in 1998, NYFAC has provided a wide variety of programs and services to over 100 families within New York that has a child with a developmental disability. More >
- Going Green - Vallo Transportation encourages energy conservation and has started taking steps toward becoming a "greener" company. More >